Whenever you add a Lead manually or upload a Prospect in your Contacts, you will be prompted to add them to a Track to advance that relationship if you wish to do so. So let's check out the steps:
1) In your Contacts tab from navigation menu, go to Leads and click on + New Lead to add a lead manually.
2) LeadTrain will prompt you to add this new lead as a Prospect even though you are in Leads. Remember, Prospects are people that are not yet on a Track and once they're on a Track they become Leads.
You will notice that on the web browser app, you may not be required to enter Phone or Email but on the mobile app it may be required in order to move forward. Let's pretend we are on the web browser app and I only have the person's name for now. Click Add button once you're done.
3) Once you click Add, you will be shown that your new contact has been added as a Prospect and it will prompt you to add them to a Track (usually your default Track). If you go to your Prospects section you will notice that your newly added contact is there with a ribbon to his name "New":
4) Select the Track you want to put this new Prospect in. Let's choose the Reconnect Track for this person.
5) Click on Start and then LeadTrain will ask you which STEP of this specific Track you want to place the contact on. In this case, the track has two "Reconnect" steps and an "Introduction" step. I wish to place the contact on the first reconnect step because I want my interaction to really be authentic. I just want to connect with my old-time friend Joe at this stage. Select the step and click Place.
6) Your contact is now in Leads and there's a "New" ribbon to indicate he's been newly added in to Leads on a Track. You can see the step he's on and that it needs to be actioned (when a step is coloured in it means it still hasn't been actioned as opposed to it having a white background it means it has been actioned and is waiting to reach next step)
Another way to add someone to a Track is once they are added in Prospects you can click on their name which will take you to their contact profile card. Go to Activity tab and then you will have the option to Remove them from a Track or Change Track or Step: