Today’s workforce is becoming increasingly frustrated with the traditional mold of a “9-5” job and this is starting to reflect in the types of jobs people are seeking out. With the increasing popularity of e-commerce sites like Etsy and Big Cartel, coupled with the ever present social media sites, starting a “work from home” business has never been easier!
However, just because something is easy doesn’t mean it’s right for everyone. So how can you tell if an MLM business is the right fit for your lifestyle? Below, we’ve compiled a list of what we feel are the seven most important benefits to an MLM to help you choose if MLM ownership fits your lifestyle and needs!
1) Residual income: Much like utility companies enjoy month to month with their subscribers, once you’ve created a relationship through your business you no longer have to invest as much time into maintaining that relationship, so you’re no longer trading blocks of time for income as you do in traditional 9-5 jobs.
2) Demand for better products: Americans are always in search of the better product, and a plethora of MLM companies provide you with the opportunity to promote these types of products. Before getting involved with a product it’s always good to ask yourself , “Would I use this if I could not market them?” to ensure you’re selling your product for the right reasons.
3) Small risk: Starting your own company will ALWAYS have inherited risk factors, but many MLMs can be started for relatively low starting costs. Instead of having to invest thousands of dollars of your own money, getting loans, finding spaces to work out of and all of the other things associated with entrepreneurship, you can usually start your MLM for a couple hundred dollars. This makes MLMs much more accessible to a much larger group of people.
4) Income potential: In the traditional job structure income is fixed and increases are few and far between, but with an MLM how much you put in is how much you’ll get out. Your income is completely dependent on how much you work to grow your network. How many of your friends can say they’ve gotten a raise every month for the past eight months? MLMs give you the opportunity to be that friend!
5) No employees: In our opinion this is one of the greatest advantages of MLMs. Unlike traditional business structures which require you to hire employees you are then in turn in charge of and responsible for, MLMs are more like a spider web of independently employed people working collectively to further their own companies.
This gives you the chance to build your business right from your home, since you have no need to provide a space for others to work!.
6) No inventory: In the past Network Marketing has required an entrepreneur to stockpile a product to take door-to-door to sell, but as technology has evolved so have our methods! Now with shipping ability, leads, conference calls and web conferences you no longer have to stockpile to have a successful MLM—allow your business to be completely mobile!
7) Freedom: When you start an MLM the power is in your hand. You can be as serious or as relaxed in your business as you want, without fear of affecting other people's lives and livelihood. This gives you a completely unique experience when compared to the traditional job, allowing you to work when and how it’s best for you to work, and not at the command of someone else!
So, what do you think? Is the MLM world something that fits your lifestyle?
Please sign in to leave a comment.